Saturday, July 16, 2011

Backyard Photo Shoot

Ever since my mom gave us the gift of a newborn photo shoot for my baby shower I have said I want to get pictures taken of Jack at 4, 8, and 12 months. I am currently overdue on my 8 month mark and with it being so hot outside I really don't have any desire to take family pictures where everyone (Gabe and I) will be miserable. Gabe and Ceci gave me a really great camera for mother's day so I figured I would try to put it to good use. I would love to be able to take great pictures but I'm not really the creative type and I don't have a great eye for things. So this morning I took Jack outside before Gabe got up to try to get some good pictures before it got too hot. I got a few good ones but as soon as Jack discovered the rocks (and tried to eat them) I knew I was done. I had Gabe come outside with me when he got up so I could get some more pictures. Here are a few of my favorites:


His face is a little dark but I like his furrowed brow. 






This is where the first photo shoot ended...

Love this picture because the line of drool coming out of his mouth






After his nap it was time to eat. We have been starting off with watermelon lately and he loves it!

Added cantelope to the mix today...he still has the watermelon in his mouth

Watermelon is a clear favorite

Yes, he is naked under his bib...I have to wipe him down because he is sticky mess afterwards!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo cute...I'm coming over next time so that YOU can be in some of these pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is so cute! You did a great job on the pictures~!

    ReplyDelete